We may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.
Dress shirts are a necessary part of any Dress shirts are a necessary part of any professional wardrobe, and they can really spruce up an outfit, and they can really spruce up an outfit. However, they need to be cared for in the proper way in order to make them last. With this article we’re going to give you some quick tips on how to keep your dress shirts looking fresh and crisp!
Here are a few tips on cleaning your clothes like an expert:
1. Don’t scrub stains. It only spreads the stain and embeds it further into the fabric. If you get grape jelly or red wine on your favorite shirt, dip a washcloth into club soda, dab it on the stain until the stain starts to look faint, and run it through the wash.
2. Undo shirt buttons before you wash a shirt. A lot of people think that buttoning your shirts before you wash them helps to maintain their shape, but that’s not the case. Leaving your shirts buttoned will only loosen the threads that hold the button on.
3. Zip up the zippers on your jeans before you wash them. Zippers can scratch other garments in the washing machine. They can also get caught on loose threads, which can ruin other garments. Zipping up your zippers before you wash your jeans will prevent this from happening.
4. Don’t pour detergent onto your clothes. I don’t know who told people this was a good idea, but pouring detergent onto dry clothes will only cause streaks on them. Instead, fill up the washer with water, then pour your detergent into the washer.
5. Don’t use too much detergent. More detergent doesn’t equal a cleaner wash. Soap and hot water kills bacteria, but germs are able to live on the top of suds. The more soap you use, the more suds there are, which means that you’re giving clothing more opportunity to survive. I remember seeing a study once that showed a correlation between the amount of soap used and the number of germs left over after the wash. Obviously, you need to use some detergent, but don’t overdo it.
6. Don’t wash items that need to be dry-cleaned. You’d think this one was obvious, but I worked in a laundromat for years, and people continuously wash items that are supposed to be dry cleaned. At that point, it’s a gamble. Your item may come out of the wash salvageable, or it could be completely ruined. Read the label before you wash something. If it says “Dry-Clean Only”, take it to the dry cleaner.
7. CLEAN. YOUR. WASHER. Just like every other appliance, the washing machine has to be cleaned from time to time. That’s the only way to ensure that it’ll clean your clothes and make them look good. So every six months or so, you should pour a cup of bleach into the wash and run a hot cycle. When that’s done, pour a cup of white vinegar into the machine and run another cycle. The entire process takes less than two hours, but it’ll leave your washer clean and germ-free.
How do you wash a dress shirt without an iron?
You can use a fabric steamer to steam the wrinkles out of the shirt. You can also use a handheld steamer, but it will take a lot longer and may not be as effective.
How often should you wash dress shirts?
It is generally recommended to wash dress shirts after every 3-4 wears.
Can I wash a dress shirt?
Yes, you can wash a dress shirt. It is best to use a gentle detergent and cold water, as hot water can cause shrinkage.
Can I machine wash dress shirts?
Yes, machine washable dress shirts can be machine washed in cold water on the delicate cycle.
More Articles About How To Wash Dress Shirts
A few articles we think you will be interested in
How To Archives – DenimBlog
How To Wash Dress Shirts [February 2020] · How To. Here are a few tips on
cleaning your clothes like an expert: 1. Don’t scrub stains. It only spreads the
Page 9 – DenimBlog
It prevents the denim from unravelling and it is a clean look. Selvedge is stiffer
and more … How To Wash Dress Shirts [February 2020] · How To. Here are a few
Grey Denim – Your Guide to the Best Grey Jeans, Jackets, and Shirts
As a bonus, most jeans, jackets, and shirts come in a grey wash, so you can …
You can wear button up, tshirts and even dress shirts depending on the look you