We may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.
When Spring and Summer hit — and you get that Boho kind of feeling — one easy and chic look is a denim jacket over a maxi dress. This is a known favorite celeb look, with Alessandra Ambrosio, Krysten Ritter, and Kristen Cavallari all rocking it.
Whether you want to keep things really casual like Alessandra and rock an oversized denim jacket or you want something more sleek and opt for a fitted one, one thing is certain and that’s the fact it will be on trend.
Let’s check out the best ways to wear it.
Step 1 – Finding The Best Maxi Dresses To Wear With A Jean Jacket
I’m a huge fan of floral myself and think pastel floral maxi dresses look amazing with a light blue denim jacket, but so can a geometric, subtle print with a darker blue. The combinations you can create are endless and teamed with accessories, it can always look fresh each time.
Step 2 – Finding The Best Maxi Skirts
When it comes to maxi skirts, you can wear a cropped boho top then a low slung skirt, or if you prefer not to show skin and want to cover up more, tuck a tight tank top into your maxi skirt and throw a belt around your waist. This will create the illusion of a two tone maxi dress and look fantastic as well!
You can even go for a double denim combo and choose a denim skirt. Just make sure you keep both washes different and break it up with a lot of pieces. You want to stay away from the Britney/Justin territory.
• Mid Length Skirts | Renee C Solid Satin Midi Skirt for $29.97 from Nordstrom Rack
.Add a touch of elegance to your look with this feminine pull-on satin midi skirt.
• Mini Skirts | Quince 100% Washable Silk Mini Skirt for $49.90 from Quince
.This mini look packs a big style punch!
• Skirts | Loeffler Randall Charissa Camel Circle Skirt for $350.00 from Loeffler Randall
Try this one: Check out this cozy mid-length wool skirt in camel brown!
Step 3 – Find The Perfect Jean Jacket
And finally, here are 3 denim jackets that are perfect for this trend!
A darker to mid washed, fitted blue first. A classic mid blue Levi’s jacket second. A light blue, sandy toned denim jacket third. An oversized bleached out blue fourth and then a cropped bleached light blue last. All of these are suited to the different colors in dresses and skirts that you might be going for and will be perfect in their own way.
• Flare Jeans | retrofete Moore Mid Rise Flare Crystal Embellished Jean for $695.00 from Retrofete
.Look your best in our Moore Mid Rise Flare Jean!
• Jackets | Veronica Beard Ginerva Braided-Rope Tie Jacket for $748.00 from Veronica Beard
.The Ginerva jacket is a stylish and practical piece of Americana.
• Denim Jackets | Alexander Wang Faux-Fur Collar Denim Jacket for $895.00 from Farfetch
This ALEXANDER WANG denim jacket is the perfect combination of cozy and stylish, with a faux-fur collar, detachable cuffs, and a logo patch to the rear.
• Casual Jackets | Loewe Logo-embroidered Denim Jacket for $990.00 from MATCHES
.LOEWE’s dark blue denim jacket is stylishly decorated with the iconic Anagram logo, designed by Spanish painter Vincente Vela in 1970.
• Denim Jackets | Loewe Fisherman Turned-up Hem Denim Jacket for $1,150.00 from MATCHES
This cool blue Fisherman jacket from LOEWE is cut in Italy from selvedge denim with a turned-up sleeve cuff and a stylish tan logo leather patch.
• Leather & Faux Leather Jackets | L’Agence Billie Belted Leather Jacket for $1,495.00 from Bloomingdale’s
.A., a whole new vibeWe’re bringing a fresh, new vibe from L.A. to Paris!